Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
thrombosis, thrombectomy, cerebral revascularization, stroke
Cardiovascular Diseases | Medicine and Health Sciences | Surgical Procedures, Operative
- Emergent endovascular revascularization is currently mainstay for patients presenting with emergent Large Vessel Occlusion (LVO) of the intracranial circulation
- Stroke symptoms affecting smaller vessels can carry significant morbidity
- Newer technologies and greater experience with the endovascular approach make treatment for small vessel occlusions increasingly more manageable
- This is more relevant in patients presenting outside the tPA window with poor collateral circulation
- We present our technical institutional experience with the endovascular management of acute occlusions of the M2-M3 MCA, A1-A2 ACA and P1-P2 PCA territories.
Carr K, Thwing Z, Pasquale D, et al. Community stroke practice experience with small vessel Thrombectomy. Poster presented at: SNIS 2019; July 22-25, 2019; Miami Beach, FL.