Internships and residency, Wellness, Burnout - Professional, Burnout - Psychological, Resilience
Emergency Medicine | Medical Education | Mental and Social Health
How program leaders in the CORD community are implementing innovations to improve residency wellness and resident resilience.
- Define resilience and describe how it can prevent burnout.
- Discuss ways that residency programs can work to promote resilience amongst residents COURSE DESCRIPTIONS #CORDAA20 35
- Introduce ‘Resilience Rounds’ as a didactic intervention, and the literature upon which this innovation is based
- Introduce art as a tool to overcome trauma and prevent burnout
- Demonstrate how conference/didactic time can help residents combat the perceived “culture of perfection” by sharing meaningful or successful moments with each other to improve one’s general outlook on their own practice
Publisher or Conference
Council of Residency Directors in Emergency Medicine Academic Assembly
McCauley N. Two Resident Wellness Excercises and Their Impact. Presented at: CORD Academic Assembly 2020; March 8-11, 2020; New York, NY.